The Thumper 48 AH is ‘big brother’ unit for the Thumper 30 AH. With an additional 18AH, this unit will allow people who are running a 40 – 50 Lt Compressor type fridge the luxury of staying an additional night somewhere (resulting in fridge running time being approx 2 – 2 ½ days independent from power!)
|2||Marine grade Cigarette sockets - rated to 16 Amps
|1||Dual USB socket - rated 2.2A min at 5 volts|
|1||Merit / Merit socket - rated to 15 Amps|
|2||50 Amp bi-directional Anderson connectors|
|1||175 Amp Anderson connector|
|1||Digital Volt meter for accurate battery reading|
|1||Internal circuit breaker protection|
|1||External 15 Amp circuit breaker for outlet sockets|
The Thumper 48, along with all the remaining Thumper range, is completely spike protected so no longer will you have to worry about any nasty voltage spikes occurring between battery voltages.
The 48 AH will successfully jump starting vehicles up to and including 6Lt diesel engines!
1 x Vehicle wiring loom (TUR-L) .
TUR-L image: (Kit Provided)
The Thumper Universal Relay Loom (TUR-L) has been designed to suit all model vehicles, both new and old. This charging system is also compatible for vehicles that are using a DC charger (whether mounted on a battery box, in line or under bonnet).
The TUR-L been designed to fit under the bonnet of the vehicle. The kit provides an isolated HEAVY DUTY charging line to the rear of the vehicle so the user can charge secondary battery systems, fridges and other accessories.
The TUR-L uses an ignition activated relay. The relay will act to provide power to the charging system when the vehicle is running, and in turn, will isolate away from the main starter battery once the vehicle's ignition has been switched OFF.
Included with all components you will need for the vehicle installation, this charging system is provided with 6mm twin core automotive cable (50 Amp rating).
- 1 x Relay Mount (Fitted with Relay / Midi Fuse Holder / MIDI Fuse)
- 1 x 6mt length 6mm twin core automotive cable (optional 8mm upgrade)
- 1 x Anderson rear box (optional to fit)
- 1 x Anderson to Anderson 1mt connecting cable
- 2 x Pk5 small zip-ties
- 3 x Fuse-Tap options (Mico Fuse / Micro2 Fuse / Mini Fuse)
- Assortment of lugs / cable joiners / screws
Instructions for Fitting:
- Mount the Anderson rear box in the rear of the vehicle, within 1 metre of where the Thumper will be located.
- Run the twin core automotive cable (6mm) under the carpet or kick panel from the engine bay to the location of the rear Anderson box. (If the cable has been upgraded to 8mm, then it is recommended to run the cable under the body of the vehicle and secure within split conduit).
- Using the yellow crimp joiners, connect the Anderson rear box to the twin core cable by crimping both the positive and negative cable into the yellow crimp joiners. Using electrical tape, tape the crimp joiners / cable join for added protection (optional).
- Fasten the Relay Mount under the vehicle bonnet as close to the main starter battery as possible (within 600mm) - see notes on the fitting the Relay Mount in the above diagram.
Using the lugs provided, connect the length of 6mm (or 8mm) cable to the following:
- The positive (RED) cable will connect to the remaining ring terminal on the Relay Mount (see image above)
- The negative (BLACK) cable will connect either directly to the negative terminal of the starter battery, or, to the chassis bolt (a chassis bolt may not be fitted to all vehicles) - see notes in image above for more information.
- Connect the positive cable from the Relay Mount (the RED cable with split conduit) directly to the positive terminal of the starter battery.
The remaining thin RED wire on the Relay Mount must connect to an ignition activated power source. An ignition activated source is a positive connection that is live ONLY with the vehicle engine running and holds NO power when the ignition is OFF.
- For vehicles fitted with rain sensing wipers; it is recommended to use one of the Fuse-Taps provided to replace the fuse and connect this ignition wire.
- For all other vehicles, an ignition activated source can be located either within the loom to the windscreen wiper motor, or by tapping into the back of a socket (such as a cigarette socket).
- Connect the Anderson 1mt connecting lead to the Anderson rear box and to the Thumper.
Final Step - Testing the charging system
- Start the vehicle engine and increase the vehicle's RPM to approx 1500-2000 for 3 - 5 seconds. At this stage, allow for your vehicle to idle whilst checking the Thumper voltage. The voltage should start to increase on the Thumper display. --> If the voltage increases at this point, then you have successfully installed the charging system.
NOTES FOR RELAY MOUNT:
- The aluminum bracket on the Relay Mount must be mounted to the vehicle’s body. Mounting to the body will provide an earth connection to the relay.
* If the relay mount is fastened to a plastic surface or to a fibreglass body, then an additional earth wire must be connected to the aluminum bracket via one of the mount holes provided.
The Relay Mount is equipped with two optional pre-drilled mount holes. Either hole may be used to fasten the Relay Mount; alternatively, the top foot may be removed, or straightened, to allow for mounting to the rear firewall or side guard of the vehicle.
NOTES FOR IGNITION WIRE:
The Relay Mount has been fitted with an ignition wire. This wire must be fitted to any positive connection that is ONLY live when the vehicle’s ignition is ON. The power feed must hold NO power when the
vehicle’s ignition is OFF.
For vehicles fitted with rain sensing wipers; it is recommended to use one of the Fuse-Taps provided to replace the fuse and connect this ignition wire.
For all other vehicles, the most common ignition source can be found within the windscreen wiper motor loom.
Thumper Redback 48 AH - R.R.P $ 599.00
BUILT IN AUSTRALIA BY BLUE APPLE