The 'Standard' model Thumper is built with the traditional Thumper look. The unit has been re-designed to include a DUAL USB outlet and 3 x 50 Amp Anderson connectors.
This traditional design is a great cost effective alternative for the individual to own a Genuine Thumper power pack at a dramatically reduced price !!
Please contact our store for more information
Thumper Battery Pack 80 AH
The Thumper range is designed to take the place of, or even work alongside a dual battery system in the vehicle. The units are supplied with a charging system for the vehicle or boat, which when installed correctly, will allow for a recharge time of 2 – 4 hours.
Each Thumper unit consists of multiple 12 Volt AGM cells (Absorbed Glass Matt) linked together in parallel. The cells are maintenance free and will not leak or gas when charging; perfect for use inside the vehicle or enclosed areas.
You will have absolute peace of mind when jump starting with your Thumper as the entire range is ‘spike protected’. This means that no damage will occur to any in built computer systems.
The Thumper 80 AH is the most popular unit of the whole range; it has the highest cranking ability of the range offering over 1000 CA for jump – starting!
This is enough to successfully, and safely jump-start any vehicle on the market, including tractors, trucks and all your basic 4x4 and sedan models. No problem starting 10Lt diesel engines over and over again before requiring a recharge!
The unit consists of:
2 x Marine Grade cigarette outlets
1 x Engel Fridge outlet (unique 2 prong)
1 x Dual USB outlet - rated to 2.5Amps at 5 Volt
1 x 15 Amp circuit breaker
3 x 50 Amp Anderson connector - bi-directional (wired as both input and output)
1 x 175 Amp Anderson connector for jump – starting.
The unit is completely spike protected to ensure no damage will occur during jump – starting due to voltage spikes. The unit comes equipped with a LCD digital display meter for accurate voltage readings.
The 80 AH can allow for the luxury of running a 40-50Lt 12 volt compressor type fridge for approx 2-3 days before requiring a recharge.
The unit comes included with a set of jumper leads and the vehicle charge system, which will allow the unit to charge within 2 – 3 hours of driving.
The unit is also compatible with solar and 240 Volt charging. (When charging via 240Volt do not use in excess of a 25Amp charger).
Weight – 24 kg Length – 335mm
Height – 187mm Width – 265mm
2 Year Warranty
R.R.P $ 849.00
TUR-L image: (Kit Provided)
The Thumper Universal Relay Loom (TUR-L) has been designed to suit all model vehicles, both new and old. This charging system is also compatible for vehicles that are using a DC charger (whether mounted on a battery box, in line or under bonnet).
The TUR-L been designed to fit under the bonnet of the vehicle. The kit provides an isolated HEAVY DUTY charging line to the rear of the vehicle so the user can charge secondary battery systems, fridges and other accessories.
The TUR-L uses an ignition activated relay. The relay will act to provide power to the charging system when the vehicle is running, and in turn, will isolate away from the main starter battery once the vehicle's ignition has been switched OFF.
Included with all components you will need for the vehicle installation, this charging system is provided with 6mm twin core automotive cable (50 Amp rating).
- 1 x Relay Mount (Fitted with Relay / Midi Fuse Holder / MIDI Fuse)
- 1 x 6mt length 6mm twin core automotive cable (optional 8mm upgrade)
- 1 x Anderson rear box (optional to fit)
- 1 x Anderson to Anderson 1mt connecting cable
- 2 x Pk5 small zip-ties
- 3 x Fuse-Tap options (Mico Fuse / Micro2 Fuse / Mini Fuse)
- Assortment of lugs / cable joiners / screws
Instructions for Fitting:
- Mount the Anderson rear box in the rear of the vehicle, within 1 metre of where the Thumper will be located.
- Run the twin core automotive cable (6mm) under the carpet or kick panel from the engine bay to the location of the rear Anderson box. (If the cable has been upgraded to 8mm, then it is recommended to run the cable under the body of the vehicle and secure within split conduit).
- Using the yellow crimp joiners, connect the Anderson rear box to the twin core cable by crimping both the positive and negative cable into the yellow crimp joiners. Using electrical tape, tape the crimp joiners / cable join for added protection (optional).
- Fasten the Relay Mount under the vehicle bonnet as close to the main starter battery as possible (within 600mm) - see notes on the fitting the Relay Mount in the above diagram.
Using the lugs provided, connect the length of 6mm (or 8mm) cable to the following:
- The positive (RED) cable will connect to the remaining ring terminal on the Relay Mount (see image above)
- The negative (BLACK) cable will connect either directly to the negative terminal of the starter battery, or, to the chassis bolt (a chassis bolt may not be fitted to all vehicles) - see notes in image above for more information.
- Connect the positive cable from the Relay Mount (the RED cable with split conduit) directly to the positive terminal of the starter battery.
The remaining thin RED wire on the Relay Mount must connect to an ignition activated power source. An ignition activated source is a positive connection that is live ONLY with the vehicle engine running and holds NO power when the ignition is OFF.
- For vehicles fitted with rain sensing wipers; it is recommended to use one of the Fuse-Taps provided to replace the fuse and connect this ignition wire.
- For all other vehicles, an ignition activated source can be located either within the loom to the windscreen wiper motor, or by tapping into the back of a socket (such as a cigarette socket).
- Connect the Anderson 1mt connecting lead to the Anderson rear box and to the Thumper.
Final Step - Testing the charging system
- Start the vehicle engine and increase the vehicle's RPM to approx 1500-2000 for 3 - 5 seconds. At this stage, allow for your vehicle to idle whilst checking the Thumper voltage. The voltage should start to increase on the Thumper display. --> If the voltage increases at this point, then you have successfully installed the charging system.
NOTES FOR RELAY MOUNT:
- The aluminum bracket on the Relay Mount must be mounted to the vehicle’s body. Mounting to the body will provide an earth connection to the relay.
* If the relay mount is fastened to a plastic surface or to a fibreglass body, then an additional earth wire must be connected to the aluminum bracket via one of the mount holes provided.
The Relay Mount is equipped with two optional pre-drilled mount holes. Either hole may be used to fasten the Relay Mount; alternatively, the top foot may be removed, or straightened, to allow for mounting to the rear firewall or side guard of the vehicle.
NOTES FOR IGNITION WIRE:
The Relay Mount has been fitted with an ignition wire. This wire must be fitted to any positive connection that is ONLY live when the vehicle’s ignition is ON. The power feed must hold NO power when the
vehicle’s ignition is OFF.
For vehicles fitted with rain sensing wipers; it is recommended to use one of the Fuse-Taps provided to replace the fuse and connect this ignition wire.
For all other vehicles, the most common ignition source can be found within the windscreen wiper motor loom.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Great experience, will definitely be back for more insight and great service
Good old fashioned Aussie service
Great value and very prompt service and delivery