Victron SmartSolar 150 VOC, 70 Amp MPPT solar panel charge controller for 12V, 24V, 36V and 48V battery systems (including Lithium) with Bluetooth.
Suits Battery: 12/24/36/48V
MPPT 150/45 up to 150/100
MPPT controllers operate solar panels at their Maximum Power Point improving efficiency up to 30% by adjusting input voltage to harvest the maximum power from the solar panels. It then manages this power to supply the varying voltage requirement of the battery plus load.
The MPPT senses when to adjust the output that it is being sent to the battery and will shut down for a few microseconds, calculate and make relevant adjustments. The principle of MPPT is to extract the maximum possible power from a solar panel by setting the most efficient combination of voltage and current - maximum power point.
The Victron MPPT SmartSolar support Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection. Unlike the conventional MPPTs which tend to lock to a local MPP when shady conditions occur, [which may not be the optimum MPP], Advance Maximum Power Point Detection will harvest maximin energy by locking to the optimum MPP.
Internal temperature sensor provides additional electronic protection
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
- PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
- PV reverse current protection.
- With no cooling fan the maximum efficiency exceeds 98%.
- Flexible charge algorithm provides functionality for fully programmable charge algorithm, and eight pre-programmed algorithms, selectable with a rotary switch
- Remote on-off [To connect for example to a BMS]
- Programmable relay to set the device to trip on alarm or other events
- Optional SmartSolar pluggable LCD display
Built-in Bluetooth along with the VictronConnect App provides easy access to the extensive range of functions available on your solar charge controller such as: