REDARC BC-DC1240 + Wiring Loom
The REDARC BCDC1240D In-vehicle Battery Charger is the next generation in REDARC's DC to DC charging technology, with additional features that make it the most advanced dual battery charger on the market.
Featuring a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, the BCDC1240D will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously. With built-in 'Green Power Priority' it will select solar charging first, meaning less load on the alternator.
Suitable for 12 or 24-volt vehicle systems, the unit will also work with either standard or variable/smart alternators.
The BCDC1240D also comes with patented charging profiles, including a lithium charging profile. The 'Dual' input range will continue to charge all other types of batteries including AGM, GEL, standard lead acid and calcium.
As a guide, the BCDC1240D is used for battery bank sizes over 200AH. For smaller batteries of 75-200AH REDARC recommends the BCDC1225D.
Proven and Tested
The award-winning technology in the BCDC has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximised, charging your battery to a proven 100%.
Built in Australia and tested for our unique conditions, the DC to DC battery charger will work in the extreme heat of the Simpson Desert, up to 80°C and can handle deep water crossings at Cape York – water, dust and vibration are no match for this charger.
If you’re heading out into the bush and want to get there and back again safely – you can trust REDARC.
- Separate DC and solar charging inputs
- Maximises the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
- Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
- Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
- Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries
Not sure what dual battery system is best for your vehicle? Let Shaun Whale explain more.
|Input (Operating) Voltage
|9 - 32VDC
|Output System Voltage
|Maximum Charging Voltage
|Output Current Rating (Cont.)
|Input Fuse Rating
|Output Fuse Rating
|Standby Current Draw
Bonus wiring loom - valued at $ 89.00
This wiring loom has been designed for the use with any DC Battery Charger that uses a common earth (one earth cable running from the DC Charger).
The wiring loom has been especially designed around the use with Redarc DC Battery Chargers.
Simple to fit, the loom is wired in 8mm / 8B&S cable, which matches the gauge cable used on both the 25 Amp and 40 Amp DC Charger.
The loom includes:
- An 8mm / 8B&S Fused connection from the DC charger to alternator input power
- An 8mm / 8B&S fused connection from the DC charger to the AUX Battery feed
- A common earth connection for all negative connections (via a 8mm post)
This DC wiring loom will allow you to add your selection of cable to continue the run from the Midi Fuse bolt to feed both the alternator input and the AUX battery connection.
When using a 25 Amp DC charger, it is recommended to fit 8mm/8B&S cable in order to minimize voltage drop. This cable can be purchased in any length in either a Twin core 8mm or Single core 8mm. It is important to note that when using DC cable, just as much power is transferred through the negative cable as what it is through the positive cable. It is in the opinion of Home of 12 Volt to always run a twin core cable when possible for power feeds.
When using a 40 Amp DC charger, it is recommended to fit 13.5mm/6B&S cable in order to minimize voltage drop. This cable can be purchased in any length in either a Twin Core 13.5mm or Single core 13.5mm
The DC wiring loom is available to purchase with either (Select your option)
- 2 x 40 Amp Midi Fuse fitted (DC-WL40) *Recommended for 25A Chargers
- 2 x 60 Amp Midi Fuse fitted (DC-WL60) *Recommended for 40A Chargers
The DC wiring loom components are listed below
- 2 x Positive cables with pre-crimped 6mm lugs for Midi Fuse & pre-crimped 8mm joiners for DC connection
- 2 x Midi Fuse Holders
- 2 x Midi Fuses
- 3 x Additional 8mm joiners
- 4 x Red Heatshrink sleeves
- 1 x Earth Block
- 2 x CL10-6 Copper Lugs
- 2 x CL10-8 Copper Lugs
- 4 x Black Heatshrink sleeve
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.