This wiring loom has been designed for the use with any DC Battery Charger that uses a common earth (one earth cable running from the DC Charger).
The wiring loom has been especially designed around the use with Redarc DC Battery Chargers.
Simple to fit, the loom is wired in 8mm / 8B&S cable, which matches the gauge cable used on both the 25 Amp and 40 Amp DC Charger.
The loom includes:
- An 8mm / 8B&S Fused connection from the DC charger to alternator input power
- An 8mm / 8B&S fused connection from the DC charger to the AUX Battery feed
- A common earth connection for all negative connections (via a 8mm post)
This DC wiring loom will allow you to add your selection of cable to continue the run from the Midi Fuse bolt to feed both the alternator input and the AUX battery connection.
When using a 25 Amp DC charger, it is recommended to fit 8mm/8B&S cable in order to minimize voltage drop. This cable can be purchased in any length in either a Twin core 8mm or Single core 8mm. It is important to note that when using DC cable, just as much power is transferred through the negative cable as what it is through the positive cable. It is in the opinion of Home of 12 Volt to always run a twin core cable when possible for power feeds.
When using a 40 Amp DC charger, it is recommended to fit 13.5mm/6B&S cable in order to minimize voltage drop. This cable can be purchased in any length in either a Twin Core 13.5mm or Single core 13.5mm
The DC wiring loom is available to purchase with either (Select your option)
- 2 x 40 Amp Midi Fuse fitted (DC-WL40) *Recommended for 25A Chargers
- 2 x 60 Amp Midi Fuse fitted (DC-WL60) *Recommended for 40A Chargers
The DC wiring loom components are listed below
- 2 x Positive cables with pre-crimped 6mm lugs for Midi Fuse & pre-crimped 8mm joiners for DC connection
- 2 x Midi Fuse Holders
- 2 x Midi Fuses
- 3 x Additional 8mm joiners
- 4 x Red Heatshrink sleeves
- 1 x Earth Block
- 2 x CL10-6 Copper Lugs
- 2 x CL10-8 Copper Lugs
- 4 x Black Heatshrink sleeve